On the 28th of June 2018, we experienced a professional presentation based on the research contacted by the Heilbronn University based in Germany, on how Epidavros Triathlon can contribute to the economy and society of the Epidavros region while providing athletes with a unique experience. The management and attraction of volunteers from abroad, as well as, the economic benefits deriving from such development were also presented.
In addition to Heilbronn University, project partners and lecturers representing the following institutions were also there:
- University of Novi Sad, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management, Faculty of Science (SRB)
- NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences (NL)
- University of Arts and Applied Sciences Freiburg (GER)
- whynot company, the organizers of Epidavros Triathlon (GR)
- TeamKinetic-Volunteer Management (Manchester / GB)
In addition to the Mayor of Epidaurus, Mr. Gatzio Konstantinos, the MP of SYRIZA ARGOLIDA Mr. Giolas Ioannis, the Regional Member Mr. Sarris Ioannis, members of the Municipal Council of Epidaurus and many entrepreneurs, volunteers and citizens responded with a special interest in this unique initiative.
We are very glad and thankful that we have the opportunity to collaborate with such professional institutes. We take very serious every part of this specific research and we proceed on the implementation process, always with the guidelines of Heilbronn University.